Relaxing Sunday in San Diego

Today we woke up early so I could finish up some school work and so we could hit ihop for breakfast.  Turns out we are one block from an ihop express - serves you much like a McDonald's so it's right up Bryan's alley with how quickly we received our food.  But, it's been done and checked off our list for the trip.  

It took us longer than planned to get to the beach for a run with the Sunday transit schedule but we did enjoy (or I did - not sure Bryan can say he 'enjoyed' it) a good run along the beach before hitting our towels for some rest.  

We rented two surfboards for an hour to test out our skills.  I have none, since I have never surfed before, but Bryan offered me some good advice and I was able to feel what it is supposed to feel like once.  Otherwise, I was happy to get propelled towards shore along a wave without falling over. It was fun but very, very tiring.  The waves just kept beating up on me and I felt like I couldn't make any progress in getting further out to catch a wave.  I was ready to give up after a little over half an hour, but I think I'd like to try again in Cabo in a few days. 

Later, after cleaning up and getting something to eat, we went to Little Italy Festa, mainly to see a tribute band called Oh What A Night.  (In case you don't know who that is a tribute to, it's Frankie Valli.)  The 4 singers really put in a good show, touching upon many of the popular Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons songs.  There were a few blocks lined with exhibits and vendors selling anything from art to insurance, gelato to pizza.  It seemed to be a very popular place to be on a Sunday afternoon.  

Finishing off our Little Italy experience, we found an Italian restaurant in the Gaslight District and ate a very yummy, scrumptious meal.  Bryan devoured his steak and lobster, and I relished in my spaghetti and shrimp with spicy tomato sauce.  Yum!  Following this was a walk to try to digest and feel a little less fat!  

I am quickly become enchanted with this city and realize that the characteristics of San Diego match the ideals that I have in my final destination.  I love the water and everything I see associated with it - fresh fish, sailboats, cargo ships, and even navy ships.  I love the feeling of intimacy and romanticism that is in the air at dusk while enjoying the calm of a body of water.  I love the weather here and knowing that their coldest days are probably never going to even touch upon the coldest temperatures that I am willing to stand.  If only it were easier to relocate to a city like this, situated on the water with a vibrant night life and an abundance of shopping, living, lifestyle and restaurant options.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Laurier Lounge, A Cozy, Relaxed Dinner Club Event