I say "Perfect"; Bryan says "Hot"

Right now we are both sitting on our balcony, listening to the band from the restaurant below.  It's so warm that I am in shorts and a very light shirt - I am not cold, I have no goosebumps...THIS is the weather that I want to ultimately experience each and every day!  

I am still so happy that we came to Cabo, finally.  It's been on my list for awhile, so having the chance to see this place has been great. We really didn't do a lot today but relax.  I had school work to take care of this morning, so I did a bit of that before Bryan woke up.  I still haven't finished my assignment that's due Friday but hopefully tomorrow it's done to my satisfaction.  I am very happy now that I took the term off while we toured Italy!  

Our hotel doesn't have a gym but luckily they must partner with the ME Cabo resort around the block because we were given a day pass to visit their gym this morning.  A nice 3 mile run and 30 pushups later, I was feeling somewhat fit and on track not to gain the 'vacation 15' from all the sugary drinks that are available!  

We had a nice lunch at the hotel restaurant, where we did some research and questioned a few dive shops on when the best time to go for a dive would be (looks like tomorrow afternoon).  The beach was next and it was heaven.  Very hot, but the water of the Pacific is so warm!!  I couldn't get enough of being in there.  Bryan wanted to rent a sea-doo, so we did that for an hour.  I thought we could just take the sea-doo to Lovers' Beach but unfortunately we weren't allowed that close, so another day we will visit that infamous area.  We saw about a dozen seals (or sea lions) on a big rock, just sunning themselves and enjoying the heat.  So very cool! 

After the beach and water activities, we cleaned up and hit up the Baja Cantina for dinner.  It looked like a full house so we were uncertain we would get a table, but they squeezed us in.  Our dinner was amazing - fresh and tasty.  I had 4 jumbo shrimp smothered in a tomato picante sauce, over 1 large pineapple slice with tomatoes on the side.  Sounds fresh and healthy right?  Just the way I like.  Of course, I topped it all off with tres leche and 3 glasses of Malbec, but who's counting?  The restaurant claimed it was Mexican night so they put on a show with Mexican costumes and dances, like the hat dance, among others.  It was really a fun night - it felt like we had scored on this option anyway.  

It seems like things are picking up around here so tomorrow we are going to try to reserve a table at the remaining restaurants we want to hit up for dinner.  It's fun to be apart of so many different events and traditions, and we will not be able to experience everything in this short of a trip.  I love it here...I want to come back!  

Hopefully pictures tomorrow! :)

Oh, and I must thank my Dad for teaching me how to throw a football.  At the tailgate party for the Chargers on Monday, I threw the football into a target on my first throw!  Two of the boys we were with, including Bryan, also got it into the target.  Later, there was another target, and of the six of us (5 boys and me), only I got the football into the hole! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diving with the Sea Lions

Mercato in Mission

AOW - I made it