First Day in Cabo San Lucas


Cabo San Lucas is beautiful!  The heat is enveloping and the sun is bright in the crisp, clear blue skies.  Our hotel is alright, a pretty good boutique resort 1 block from the main public beach, Medano.  The room is clean, large, with a kitchenette, and a separate bathroom from the rest of the room (so I don’t have to listen to everything going on in there while lying in bed).  The staff are all friendly and very helpful, too.  I think we’ll like it, though there are other places that seem nicer than this one.  We are at Bahia Hotel and Resort, right across the street from Casa Dorado, which seems like a much nicer place.  We wandered around their lounge and pool and figured it might be where we hang out more often.  The good thing about these Cabo San Lucas resorts is that many are timeshares and thus people are not here on all-inclusive vacations – no wristbands to give us away as we wander around other hotels! 

We are within walking distance of some of the most popular and talked about restaurants in this town, too, so we are happy about that.  Mango Deck is across the street, and The Office is right beside that.  There is a Baja Cantina in a nearby hotel, along with a brewery pub located on the roof of that resort that is open to all.  I think we’ll have many wonderful locations to choose from for dinners and drinks, as well as people watching! 

I had to run into the ocean when I saw it, too.  The water is clear and very warm for seawater.  I can’t wait to go play in there tomorrow (and for the rest of the week)!  The one downfall for me is that I still must finish my assignment for school by Friday while we are here.  Sigh…it’s going to be tough to concentrate on that this week!

The corner store nearby offers us cheaper water and beer than what is available in our mini-fridge or at the pool, so we stocked up there.  I doubt we’ll hit up Walmart for more food, even though that was kind of the original plan.  There are too many good restaurants to choose from nearby.  I found a bag of Doritos that has a picture of 2 red chiles with fire coming out of them – I had to try them.  They were very spicy and very yummy!  I guess it’s not too bad I can’t find those back home. J

Tonight we tried the place most recommended by people discussing fun, wifi and nightlife - Mango Deck.  It is literally less than 3 minutes away by foot, which is awesome, and we were able to sit at a table on the beach, shoes off, and watch the darkening sky.  The waves were lightly crashing against the beach and the band at Mango Deck was awesome.  Bryan and I both tried their lobster tail (though he had the ribs with his, too) - lobster was alright.  I've had better and nothing has ever come close to the lobster in Cuba.  The staff were friendly, and for a unique experience, we had 2 waiters looking after us.  Of course, put 2 girls in bikinis in the mix and we did have to ask a couple of times for extra drinks.  We weren't blown out of the water by Mango Deck, but it seems like a fun atmosphere where a good party could take place on a busier night.  I wish Bryan would dance with me once in awhile - that would have made my night a bit more fun.

Our hotel does not offer wifi in our rooms so right now we are sitting in the lobby having a drink while blogging, emailing and whatever Internet-related activities we can come up with.  We have good plans for tomorrow, including my school assignment, so hopefully it's another beautiful day.  

Oh, I do have to say - I am loving the fact that I can sit outside right now, at 11pm, in a tank top and not be cold.  THIS is my ideal climate and the one I would much rather be living in right now.  Forever...Some day?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Mercato in Mission