Goodbye Cabo, Until Next Time

Today is our last day in Cabo San Lucas - we fly out in about 4 hours.  I am very sad to leave, but even more upset that I know I will be cold for six straight months as soon as we get out of here.  This heat is exactly what I need to be happy!  I love being warm!

Yesterday was another easy day.  Beginning with a run in the nearby gym, we had a late breakfast and then took a water taxi over to the marina to check out the downtown area.  Since no cruise ships were in town, the marina was quiet so we just wandered around for awhile. We saw a sea lion playing, and a ton of different fish that we hadn't seen during our dives, including some fairly large crabs playing on the rocks.  There was a small school of fish that at first looked like jellyfish, but they were just small, vibrant fish with really long fins.  I think I would have still been a bit freaked out if I had seen them diving.

Bryan really wanted to go to Cabo Wabo, so, after walking around in circles, we finally found it.  The signs are pretty good but when they just disappear, we were unsure where to head from there.  Turns out it's just straight from the last sign you see by about 4 blocks.  It's a pretty cool little bar, with lots of Sammy Hagar pictures and memorabilia.  The music was mostly classic rock, which was fun to listen to.  We went back later after cleaning up a bit to listen to a local band.  They were awesome, playing all kinds of songs from the 60's, 70's and 80's.  The guitarist was amazing to watch - his fingers just flew over the strings!  

After a few hours watching them in the pub section, we moved into the nightclub to continue watching them on a larger stage.  Cabo Wabo gets pretty busy on a Saturday night, and it seems like one of the places to be.  Driving home after, it looks like a place called Mandala was also very lively late at night for drinks and dancing.  

I awoke early this morning to take one last paddle board ride.  I truly love this activity - it's relaxing and when you get hot, you just jump in the water!  I rented the board for an hour so I headed out to Lover's Beach.  It looks farther than it actually is, so I ended up going to Land's End and the Arch to watch the sea lions one last time.  They were awake and barking like crazy that early in the morning, so I jumped in and listened for a few minutes.  On the way back to shore, I came upon a sea turtle just floating in the water, head out, enjoying the sun.  It dove away when a boat came nearby, however.  

We are all checked out so I can't get at the cable for pictures.  I will upload them later in the week when I'm back.  

I learned on this trip that strawberry mojitos are divine but dangerous!  They are a little TOO delicious, if you know what I mean!  

Bryan and I found a Mexican baby we want to adopt - she's about 1 month old and her name is Amy.  She cuddles and yawns and snuggles so much.  She's got brown hair and the cutest nose and ears.  And she's got the hugest paws....Did I get you???  Pictures to come, but we held a baby lion and fell in love with her.  She is the cutest, most adorable thing ever!!!

It's been a lovely 5 days in Cabo - I would recommend this place to anyone!  People are friendly, there is so much to do, and the sand and water are absolutely beautiful.  Love Cabo San Lucas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Mercato in Mission