Back in Paradise

Coming back to Cabo has been as wonderful as I remember and I'm still experiencing new adventures. We are staying in the same hotel as in October due to price and location and I couldn't be much happier. Maybe one day I'll choose to stay in a larger hotel on the beach but this one is great.
I think they've improved their Wifi since I was last here because its working great from inside our room. Of course, we were still told it would only work in the common areas. No problems yet though!
The weather is great - around 28 degrees but it cools off as the sun goes down. No sitting out all night in a tank top and shirts for me but I'm still okay with light pants and a t-shirt. The sun is hot during the day so I'm happy as can be!
Today was Day 1 of my Advanced Open Water dives. I took a taxi to the dive shop this morning and found the guys without any issues. My dive master/instructor is from England and very helpful and accommodating. He took me first on the Peak Performance Buoyancy dive and spent time giving me advice in how to control my buoyancy. By the end I was feeling better but still struggling. We did this dive first because I had 4 more to do so I could continue to work on the skills.
The second dive was the Navigation dive. This one I found easy but was a bit nervous about the natural navigation. No problems though. I performed the square compass navigation with a bit of buoyancy issues and some fluctuation in the depth but came within 6 ft of the original spot, which I was told was really good.
The rest of the dive was for "fun", but mainly to work on my buoyancy. I did so much better and really began to feel how I'm supposed to move and position myself. I saw a guitar ray, something I had never even heard of before, some sting rays hiding in the sand and a huge school of barracuda.
I feel lucky to have dove here in October too because the dive master said the sea lions will be really inactive until July now. They won't be found during dives either until then.
Between the dives, as we were debriefing and warming up, someone yelled, "whale!" In the bay a baby humpback was trying so very hard to breach but just couldn't figure it out. All these boats were surrounding him so I think he became agitated, unable to get back to his mother, as he started to smack his tail on the water over and over, getting louder and louder. He was better once all the boats gave him some room and he left. It is amazing how big he was for a baby!
Instead of taking a taxi back, I thought I would walk to the hotel along the marina. It took me about 20 minutes but I found all these shops and restaurants we hadn't seen last visit. Somewhere new to try! I was waking at a pretty good speed to get back (starving after my dives) and was called to at least 4 times by Mexicans to slow down, what's the rush? Guess I need to saunter and meander like everyone else???
I still love this town!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Laurier Lounge, A Cozy, Relaxed Dinner Club Event