The Day I Put Myself Out There

Well, I just submitted my first query for a magazine.  I did it - I put myself out there.  I have high hopes, of course, but I don't suspect I'll hear anything in return.  It's my first and I aimed high, to a well-read, widely distributed Canadian magazine.  I still think my idea is awesome!

There isn't much left to tell about our adventure to Lake Louise last weekend, but I did want to talk about Field.  Have you ever stopped into that tiny, almost invisible town?  It is so cute!  There are a number of bed and breakfast housing options located in historical buildings from when the railway did first go through there.  It's very neat, though Bryan and I weren't sure what attraction would call for a stay here.  Hiking?

The Kicking Horse Lodge appears to be a fairly new building, one that had two levels developed like a very small resort hotel.  Attached is a little restaurant called Truffle Pigs.  There are actually pigs with wings strung from the ceiling all over and a gong that must be rang should one of the 'gong rules' occur.  If a couple splits a check, the gong is rung.  There are few tables, but an equally small patio section is available for warmer days.  The food is traditional with a fusion twist, so my vegetarian burger was actually pulverized beets stuck together to look like a burger.  Of course, one bite and it all fell apart, but it sure looked cool!  We were impressed, so if you're heading by on the Trans-Canada, stop in and do a quick 10 minute drive around town (that's all it takes, seriously) and have a good meal at Truffle Pigs.

The building with it's small, small reception, eclectic restaurant and seemingly small rooms really reminded us both of many of the hostels we've stayed in over the years, both together and separately.  I think for a cozy weekend or a stopover on the way out to Kelowna, this place might be a great option.  Prices are $70-$80 per night, so it's reasonable, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Laurier Lounge, A Cozy, Relaxed Dinner Club Event