August At The Lake


Last year I returned to our cabin in August to attend my cousin’s wedding, and I spent 3 nights in the cabin, taking time each day to wander around and see what had changed.  I was instantly taken back to the age of 15, when life was easy and I was full of wonder and a sense of adventure.  The weather was beautiful and I was able to spend a couple of afternoons at the beach tanning and reading.
            I realized just how much I have missed this place and went back to Calgary, telling Bryan how next summer I would like to spend a week here at the cabin.  Gambling with the odds of a great week of weather in the middle of August, we chose to spend a week here this summer and couldn’t be happier with the weather.  It’s halfway through our week, and we have had three days of above 30 (above 40 one day) weather, and today a nice break at about 24. 
            The drive out was uneventful but we think that half the bug population committed suicide on the front of Bryan’s Jeep.  I’m not sure how much effort it is going to take to remove all those guts, but it will take some elbow grease! 
            Sunday was spent playing some beach volleyball, and then going for a ride in my Uncle’s pontoon boat.  It’s a really nice party boat and it was nice to cruise casually around the lake.  Bryan and I discussed our options and dreams for our summer home, versus our permanent home on the ocean.  Things are still looking like we will explore to find that ocean home.  My cousin’s first year anniversary was on Sunday so my aunt had a lovely brunch where we were able to catch up with some of her family. 
            Monday Bryan and I slept in and then attempted a run, but it was really too hot so we didn’t do so well.  We took a few hours to read on the beach and catch some rays.  The remainder of the day was spent drinking beer and reading on the deck. 
            Tuesday was much the same as Monday, with a game of Uno before bed.  Board and card games will be prominent during this trip, I think.  It’s a part of staying at the cabin, after all.
            Today, Wednesday, we had a more successful run, as the temperature was cooler, and then met Lee for a round of golf.  It was fun, I admit, and I felt like I did a lot better than I remember ever golfing.  I would go again before 5 years is up.  Bryan played really well and hopes to go again this week with Dad.  Dinner was large and yummy but now, I am ready for bed!  It’s not that late but I am exhausted.  Being lazy and on vacation really takes its toll!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Laurier Lounge, A Cozy, Relaxed Dinner Club Event