My Minimal Experience With Travel Deals

During my plans to visit Italy, I was emailed a Living Social travel deal for a resort hotel in Lucca, Italy.  This town was not on my original itinerary, but as it arrived before any hostels had been confirmed, I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least look at the deal.  For half the price of purchasing 3 nights in this hotel, the deal also included some meals and wine tastings.  Research into Lucca told me that it would be a nice diversion on our way from Florence to La Spezia, by was of Pisa.  After some deliberation, I held my breath, and hit "Buy".

A few emails with the concierge, Vittoria, were exchanged prior to our arrival, with helpful tips on how to best find our way to the establishment.  Knowing I had 30 days to get a refund if I could not confirm a stay with them, I felt alright contacting the hotel and setting up our stay.  Upon arrival, we were so thoroughly impressed with the resort, its staff, and the view, that we believed the risk of trying something new (an online travel deal for Italy) was worth it.  We received everything promised in the package purchased and relished in three days of luxury in the Tuscan countryside.

Fast forward to August 2013.

Bryan and I were still contemplating our San Diego trip and had decided to add Cabo San Lucas onto the vacation.  We weren't sure whether to purchase an all-inclusive hotel package in Mexico or whether to choose a condo for rent by an owner to cook our own meals and experience Mexican life for a few days.  One morning, in my email inbox, there was another Living Social travel deal that had "Cabo" in the subject line, so naturally I checked it out.

After some research and comparison, the Bahia Resort & Hotel travel deal from Living Social worked out to $75 per night in a 4 star hotel.  The room was supposed to still have a kitchen but it was located within a true hotel. Again, as I don't just want to rely on a travel agent's advice, I reviewed dozens of reviews from Trip Advisor, Expedia, and other online travel sites to find out that, overall, the Bahia was thought to be quite a great place to stay. So, again, I hoped for the best and hit "Buy".

Once again, we were not disappointed.  Sure, the hotel had a few minor inconveniences but the location was fantastic, the restaurant was outstanding, and the staff were incredible.  Our room was clean and offered us a great place to return to for sleep and preparation.  The hotel did indeed have Wifi (thankfully, since I had researched Wifi hotspots in the area just in case) and it was of high quality.

Two for two, I will definitely consider travel deals like these in the future.  If you aren't picky about dates and can leave within weeks, I see many wonderful deals for all-inclusive vacations to the Caribbean all the time.  Another potentially great site is Jetsetter - this site offers hotel deals across the globe at outstanding, luxurious hotels at up to 60% off the regular price.  I haven't had the opportunity to try their services yet, but should I go to New York again, I plan to scrutinize their deals to find something fabulous! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

My Visit to Auschwitz / Birkenau