Las Vegas Convert

Yes, I would return.  I had an awesome trip to Vegas with Bryan (which isn't surprising since we travel very well together).  However, I think next time I go to Vegas, I would like to go with a group of girlfriends.  One aspect I didn't get to try out is the club scene, and I know Bryan really isn't into that sort of thing.  Perhaps in a year or two, I can work it out so that a few of my girlfriends are able to go.  

My favorite part of Vegas was that shows were playing all the time and the variety was amazing.  I think that would be one reason to go back - just to see something different.  We saw 4 shows in 2 days, though, so Sunday was meant to be more relaxing, without a schedule.  Taking the monorail to Flamingo, Bryan and I thought we'd check out Caesar's Palace first.  Having heard the buffet there was amazing, and since we were hungry, we headed to Baccanal.  The line up was huge!  Of course, it was Sunday, at 12PM, and a brunch was being offered.  :)  No surprise there that we skipped it and went walking.  

We ended up eating at a sports pub in the hotel, a Gordon Ramsay place.  It was pretty good and Bryan was able to watch some football.  The shops in the Forum are very upscale, but fun to window shop in.  The theme in Caesar's Palace keeps going wherever you end up, so it felt a bit like another world.  

We walked through The Mirage, Treasure Island, The Venetian, and Paris, as well.  At some point I thought it was necessary to try a yard drink, so I got some pina colada concoction with about 6 ounces of tequila plus some other liquor.  Hmmm, seemed like a good idea at the time, but about 2 inches in, I felt that a simple highball glass was a more sensible option.  I did manage to suck down most of that drink, though, but that was the end of my fruity, slushy drinks.  They really are too much for me - think I'll stick to wine!

Our tour guide from the Hoover Dam excursion suggested we see the Bellagio Fountains and the Mirage volcano from the Eiffel Tower, so at 6:30 we headed up there to wait for the show.  I was a little surprised that the fountain show is so short, but it was definitely a well-orchestrated performance.  After that, we found this restaurant/pub called Twin Peaks in the Planet Hollywood complex that has the best 2nd floor balcony overlooking the strip.  With such a gorgeous evening, warm breeze flowing through, and an unobstructed view south towards New York New York, we enjoyed a couple of good (finally!) beer here before heading back to our hotel.  

Monday was spent by the pool at MGM, after storing our luggage.  We laid in the sun, drinking buckets of beer, while occasionally getting up to play in the pool and lazy river.  This was paradise!  I wished I had gone to the pool earlier in the trip!  But, we had to leave eventually.  Luckily Bryan was with me to take on some of my overweight luggage at the airport.  

All in all, I started the flight skeptical but came out happy in the end.  I wouldn't want to spend all my vacation time in Vegas but it's a quick trip for a fun few days to spend gawking at people and dressing up for a good time out with friends.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Pearl Harbor