Arrival in Jamaica

After a very hard flight, we finally arrived in Montego Bay. For all I can see, there seems to have been little reason to fly us here for a 7 day vacation overnight to arrive at 6 AM. Our rooms will not be ready until 3 PM and, while we are assured our bags are secure waiting for us, it's tough to believe that when they are sitting out in the open without anyone really watching them. Is it too much to ask to lock them away?

We seemed to wake up for the time frame between 9AM and 3PM to play in the pool and try some Jamaican drinks. But it's time for a nap now and I have already been given a truly cold shoulder by a bell hop for no tip (I haven't yet gotten any American money) and now I seem to have lost everyone. We weren't placed within the same building for rooms (though I should be happy we have rooms) which is a bit surprising. I'm not sur ethis place could accommodate a large group very well.

Dave has been "bitten" by a sea urchin on day one so apparently they are getting him peed on by some guy. No one was where they promise so I'm really not sure what's happening. Dale dropped a big rock on his arm so he's quite scratched up. Nothing like a little bit of excitement for our first day!

I'm absolutely exhausted, and not at all impressed with the wifi here. The lobby seems okay but we'll see once I try to upload this. The group seems to have a good, consistent idea of what we want to do this week, but it will take some sleep and some conversations to figure it all out. I have no idea where Bryan is at the moment but I will stick around the lobby here for a bit hoping he shows up. Otherwise, he really has no clue where our room is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtles and Sharks! - Diving Kauai

Diving with the Sea Lions

Laurier Lounge, A Cozy, Relaxed Dinner Club Event